Monday, August 31, 2009

Space Case


The crazy old lady came back today. She was still wearing her safari hat and also still pulling her suitcase. This time she was intent on having a sparkling orange beverage. I told her she had two options:

1) SanPellegrino sparkling Orange
2) Orange Italian Soda

After I announced the options, she took another 5 minutes to discuss these options and this is how it went:

Bernice: I really want something sparkling and orange
me: Well you can have a sparkling orange beverage in a can or I can make you an Italian Soda
Bernice: How much will the can cost?
me: With tax $2.48
Bernice: How much will the soda cost?
me: With tax $2.59. It's only a bit of difference so it just depends on what you want
Bernice: Are they sparkling?
me: Yes (I thought that was one of the only two requirements)
Bernice: Okay so they are carbonated?
me: yes
Bernice: They are sparkling you say?
me: Yes, sparkling
Bernice: They are both Orange?
me: Yes they are both Orange
Bernice: And it's sparkling?
me: Yes
Bernice: How much for the can?
me: $2.48
Bernice: How much is the other one?
me: $2.59
Bernice: How big is the Italian Soda
me: That's the price for a 12ounce
Bernice: How much is in the can?
me: I don't know. You can see right there
Bernice: I guess I will have the can
me: Nice decision

Then she proceeded to walk out without collecting her sparkling orange drink. I think she needs help or she needs a boyfriend. I guess I better quickly get her that shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment