Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hot Chocolate is Back


Hot Chocolate man used to make frequent appearances. However, he has been away for quite some time so things were quite enjoyable. I didn't have to worry that he would show up and try to touch my hand as he was paying. Usually, hot choc man comes in the evenings. He also likes to blabber on about his life even when there is a line behind him. He also likes to ask girls for their phone numbers. When the don't give him their phone numbers, he asks for e-mail. Sometimes girls give him their e-mail address. Usually he writes within 2 hours of receiving the address. When he doesn't get a response, he likes to come back to the caffe to say that he was worried because he hadn't heard a response. This is hot choc man. Girls = me.

I was working the morning today so I didn't even think that hot choc man might be making an appearance. I was carrying the yogurt parfaits that I had just made. Then he walked in. I looked up. Immediately I was shocked. Then what happens? I drop the yogurt parfaits. Yogurt and granola is all over the floor and on my pants. He runs over to help clean up the mess and brushes his hand against mine. Gross. I run back behind the counter and leave the yogurts on the floor. Then he starts to tell me how he hasn't heard from me in a long time and wants to know, seriously, how things are going in my life. Then he interrupts me to tell me how he has been in Philadelphia and it's so hard to get his life started in this new city. He then said that one more trip to Philly and he would get the last of his belongings. I have no idea what he is talking about. nor do I care. Nor do I ever want to know what he's talking about. Then I made him his hot chocolate. Then he leaves, comes back, and asks for my e-mail address since every time I refuse to give him my phone number. Just for kicks I gave it to him. Not the one I use, but a different one. Within an hour I get an e-mail from him. What does the e-mail say?

Hello Coffee Princess!

How's it going? It was good to see you there...as you can see I am like zooming all over the place so fast here...again I am going through a lot of changes and still trying to adjust here even after being here almost one year...it is taking time...but I will be ok. Well gotta go here...take care and ciao!!

~~Hot Choc man

No comments:

Post a Comment