Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Milk Man

Every week we get a milk delivery. Actually, twice a week we get the milk delivery. There are two different guys who do this delivery. One takes his job very seriously, the other does not. I guess to pick up lots of crates of milk and whip cream and chocolate jugs, you have to be pretty beefy. This guy is quite beefy. As he's loading the milk into the fridge he decides to start talking to me. I cannot hear him because he's talking behind a refrigerator door. I am curious as to what he would say, probably something about milk, so I go over there and ask him to repeat. Then what he says has nothing to do with milk or deliveries or chocolate, but rather about dating.


Milkman: I bet you get hit on a lot here huh?
me: I guess, sometimes. It used to be flattering but not anymore
Milkman: Yeah, I can see that. I mean I bet people just come in here and act all dumb and ask for your number
me: How'd you know?
Milkman: So how do you feel about that?
me: I find it quite disgusting. Especially when it's older men who have families.
Milkman: Yeah, I can see that. And now you hate it because you have a boyfriend. So how old do you usually date? How old are you anyway?
me: I'm in my mid 20s. I definitely wouldn't date anybody past 30.
Milkman: Probably 28 is your limit huh?
me: ummmmmm, yeah sure.
Milkman: Yeah, I am in pretty good shape for my age so usually I date younger girls. I am 42 you know. You probably couldn't tell. But my last girlfriend was 24, just like you.
me: That's interesting. I guess it depends on your maturity level
Milkman: I still have a lot of energy and go to the gym and workout so younger girls find me attractive. I don't really look that old. One time I met a lady who took good care of herself and we were jiving on the dance floor. Then I found out she was 54 so I told her no, the age difference is just too much.
me: Let's see...42-24 is 18. 54-42 is 12. I think you date more of an age difference.
Milkman: Yeah I mean, that's just what happens. But now I'm single just doing my thing.
me: Ok. Well good luck with that. Maybe you should try to work at a caffe instead of delivering to them. You might meet more people
Milkman: Smart idea. Okay well hopefully I delivered enough milk for you to last for the week otherwise give me a call and let me know if there is a problem
me: Okay milkman. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment