Monday, August 24, 2009

Sales


My day started even before I got to work. This time it started on the bus. I pay my way and get on trying to mind my own business. I even have my headphones in because I felt like the only thing I wanted to hear was my music. But about 10 minutes in, I realized that this idea probably wouldn't work. I realized this when I saw a newspaper shaking right in front of my face. I tried to pretend I didn't notice, but it kept getting closer and shaking more violently. Finally I looked up and there is a man standing in front of me holding the coupon section of the newspaper asking me if I would like to read it. I still don't know why I looked like I would like to read the coupon section when there were a lot of other people on the bus (who looked more like coupon readers). Then he continued to remind me that the sales are very good. Then he asked me what day it was, I told him, then he threw down the paper and said, "Damn, they're expired."

No comments:

Post a Comment