Saturday, August 29, 2009

Crazy for Shirts


The caffe can sometimes look like a bit of a convenience store with a high-end Italian flare. Based on the clientele, we have to change the look to more of a convenience store since generally speaking, customers can't tell the difference between a doughnut and a bagel. Besides the wide array of food, we also sell t-shirts. These shirts, however, are very cute with genius phrases on them. Most people get a kick out of them and some decide that they too need to have one.

In walks this little old lady wearing a safari hat and pulling a suitcase. I am guessing she is coming in for either an ice cream or a sugar free vanilla latte. But then she manages to astound me with her request. She wants a shirt. She doesn't want the shirt that says "Just Give me my coffee and nobody gets hurt." She wants the shirt that says "Single Short (Extra Hot)." She is a little under 5 feet, and is in her late 70s. But she's a real tiger, a feisty one at that. Green isn't her color, neither is Brown, she needs a red shirt and it needs to be that color with that exact phrase. She then tells me that she's looking for a boyfriend and summer is almost over. The shirt, she tells me, is going to be her golden ticket. I really do hope she finds a boyfriend. Then I will wear the shirt and get me a boyfriend too and then we can double date.

No comments:

Post a Comment