Friday, August 7, 2009

Thunder Tornado Cloud


After a long day at work, only two customers stick in my mind. One I keep wishing to forget, the other, I also wish to forget, but at least he was funny. The first one was an older man who was really excited about everything. At first it was almost inspiring, that was right before he got super annoying.

He decided, as is the usual thing to do when I'm working, to guess my ethnicity. He went through the usual ones- Italian, Spanish, Greek. I told him that he was close but I'm neither of those. Then he gave up and I told him. After I told him Syrian, he about died. I thought, wow, I've never seen anybody so excited to meet a Syrian before. Then he came back to the counter after I handed him his drink to say "you are going to die when I tell you this." I thought, hmmm, what's he going to tell me and am I really going to die? Then he continued with "This is so funny. This is such a small world. Oh man, you are not going to believe this." I really wonder what could be this hilarious. Then he pulls out his camera, shows me a picture of him with 2 girls, and says, "I met 2 Syrians in San Diego and one had similar hair to you!!!!" I personally thought this was ridiculous, but clearly he thought this was some sort of amazing phenomenon, so in order not to burst his bubble, I said "Cool! Maybe I am related to them (since all Syrians are related)."

I thought that dealing with one interesting customer today would meet my quota but unfortunately for me and my sanity, Goldteeth returned yet again. He had some great ideas today. I tried to ignore him but he kept yelling at me. Then he came over to me stroking his beard and laughed and smiled as he said, "I have a new nickname for you." Then he also told me that I would die when he told me what it was. I am not sure why today everybody had the same line and also why I am supposed to keep dying today. I waited for what he would tell me next and it met all my expectations of Goldteeth and more. My new nickname according to Goldteeth is "Beautiful Latte Girl." He thought that was clever. I thought it was over. Then he came back to tell me the nickname that he gave his beard..."Thunder Tornado Cloud."

No comments:

Post a Comment