Saturday, August 1, 2009

Big Cups in Large Sizes


I thought it would be a good idea to joke around today. It makes the day go faster and I have a lot more fun. Sometimes the most fun are the people who joke back. Other times it's the people who are the least suspecting. Usually never is it the person who doesn't get my joke.
Today, I misinterpreted a customer. He looked like the joking type. Big Belly, handlebar mustache, hair in ponytail, and he wanted a big white mocha. I told him that we just got a special size cup. I saw that his interest was peaked so then I continued on to say that this new size is the first 100 ounce cup. He replied that he didn't need a cup that big but a 32 ouncer would be just perfect. I thought he was playing along with my joke. So I made his white mocha. Then I handed him his drink in the biggest up we actually had, a 20 ounce one. I was still smiling. He wasn't. Then he looked at the cup and said, "hey, I thought you said you had a 32 ounce cup back there." I then had to let him in on my joke and followed up with "but you can imagine that your cup is bigger than it is and then everybody is happy." Unfortunately, he didn't really find my joke that amusing. I blame it on the fact that he wasn't quite awake yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment