Monday, August 3, 2009

God

I was wearing a new shirt to work today. This new shirt states “I like my men like I like my coffee beans… Foreign.” I personally agree with this statement so I was so happy to be wearing it. It also relates to coffee so I figured what a perfect uniform.

Customer 1: (stares at my chest, smiles, then tries to order his drink without laughing)
Customer 2: Nice shirt!
Customer 3: Wow, that’s a great shirt. That’s why I married a Mexican.

Customer 231: Is that how you really feel about men?
Me: Yes. Pretty much yes. But I guess it depends on the guy. Do you feel the same way about girls?
Customer 231: Well, you know, if I were going to find myself a girl, I wouldn’t be able to do that. Only God has the power to find who I should be with. With God’s love and blessing he will find who I should be with.
Me: Wow, yes that makes perfect sense. So have you found your perfect girl then?
Customer 231: Well you see, Perfect does not mean without faults, perfect means all knowing and with faith. And so someone who follows God’s path and accepts themselves as who they are for what they have and don’t have, is perfect.
Me: Ok. So then do you have a girlfriend?
Customer 231: Yes, God has given me a girlfriend. With him I have found my way. I speak through the lord
Me: Nice. Well, have a nice day
Customer 231: You too and God bless you

And then Customer 231 walked out in his gray muscle shirt holding a mocha with whip cream and talking about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment