Saturday, August 8, 2009

Adult Braces

Besides lazy eyes, one thing that sort of peaks my curiosity are adult braces. I find them most fascinating when also accompanied by outfits that should be worn by little girls.

Today there was a lady who was in her late forties. I don't really know because I didn't ask to see her license or verify her age but she had some wrinkles and looked old. But then she had a side ponytail. Some side ponytails are actually stylish. Hers, however, was too high to be stylish. It was like the style from the 80s. Then she opened her mouth to order and there they were, adult braces. I was expecting her to act like an adult for a few short minutes, but then she ordered a raspberry white chocolate mocha with only half a shot of espresso. Another check in the child category. Then she pulled out her fanny pack and put on her lipstick. Then she said she would like a cookie but the parts might get stuck in her braces. Then I told her that I had braces once in the 4th grade.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I *just* got my adult braces, i.e. my googling for great adult braces blogs. Day two, and I already know cookies are not going to work. Tragic.

    Allyson
    www.asmellygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think adult braces are becoming common nowadays. Also, I've noticed that more and more people are longing to have perfect looking teeth and smiles hence, they resort to cosmetic dentistry. Hilton Head, which is known to provide excellent cosmetic dental services, also offer many interesting places for tourists. Anyway, as my dentist (Hilton Head based) would say, nothing beats the self-confidence that a perfect smile can bring.

    ReplyDelete