Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Brazil


I love foreigners. Most people know that. I can clarify foreign by many different characteristics. Some of these are:

- accents
- looking foreign
- Dressing in foreign clothes
- Having a foreign name
- Be able to speak a different language (preferably in an accent)

There is a man who walks into the caffe wearing scrubs. He has an accent. Then I ask him where he is from. He is from Brazil. This is exciting. Then we are talking for a bit. This is amusing for me mostly because I like to hear him pronounce certain words. Also, I was bored. Then he moved the conversation to asking me things that I like to do. I don't really like that question when I am at work. Before too long, he is asking me out. I think this could still be exciting, maybe I will learn Portuguese. I'm not really attracted to him other than his foreignness, but I decide to try anyway and I don't have the heart to give him a fake number. Then I realize he is not a doctor and only wearing the scrubs. Duped again.

No comments:

Post a Comment