Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flexing


Recently I was caught watching a body building competition special on TV. Maybe I was bored. Maybe I was interested in the body building outfits. And also maybe part of me was fascinated by the muscles and how they are accentuated by spray tans.

But mostly I think bodybuilding is a bit gross to me. I like muscles of course, but not huge ones. My issue comes when someone can't put their arms down next to their body. It always looks like they are hugging something when they are not. And that is confusing because you think they are trying to hug you but really they are just standing there.

At the caffe today I was talking to one my friends. Then he mentioned something about my arms. After all this bodybuilding business I decided to try my hand at it. First I had to see how much extra fat I had hanging off my arm. I like to call it the chicken dangle. Don't worry, I don't have a dangle yet, but this could be a future problem. So we had to measure the dangle before I could start flexing, so we could really see how big my arm muscles are. My friend was laughing, I was looking part constipated trying to hold a good flex, and then Big Cop was apparently standing at the doorway observing all of this. Oops. I guess I should save my bodybuilding practices for the privacy of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment