Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One Scoop Two Scoop


I love ice cream. I think everybody loves ice cream. If they don't, then they aren't a person who I would be friends with, so therefore don't count. As much as I love ice cream, I hate to scoop it. However, on the brighter side, it can also be said that ice cream is one of my favorite foods. I don't usually like the fruity flavors, but sometimes I can go for those as long as chocolate or coffee is involved in the mixture as well. Some people just like plain vanilla. I usually equate this to boring people. But some people far exceed my expectations.

In walks a lady who is a bit older, probably in her mid 60s. She's got short spiky gray hair and really wants some ice cream. She orders the plain vanilla. Then she talks about how much she loves ice cream so much. I hand her the ice cream cone and she looks like she's about to cry she's so excited.

Five minutes later I see her standing in line again with an empty cone in her hand. I start to get scared. I imagine she has dropped her ice cream and now she wants another one and I will have had to scoop the ice cream yet again. But then she arrives at the front of the counter, raves about how good the ice cream is, and asks me to put another scoop on top of her cone. Even though I have to scoop another ice cream, this is somehow more exciting.

Then she receives her cone for the 2nd time and proceeds to talk to everybody in line about how good the ice cream is and just how much she loves ice cream.

Me too lady, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment