Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nachos


My day today started with Nachos. Usually if Nachos are involved, then I know it's going to be a good day. But I wasn't eating the nachos. Nor did I order them. I was at the gym. I went into the locker room to shower and change for the day. Then I started to smell something, something like food. I was starving so I thought I might be imagining this smell. But then I turned around and right behind me, on the bench, is a lady eating nachos from a take-out box. Apparently, someone couldn't wait until they were done at the gym to eat that. The best part of all of this is that she started to talk to me and eat her nachos at the same time. Did she offer me some nachos? No. Did she ask me if I was Greek? Yes. Did she follow me out of the locker room? Yes. Did she ask me if she has seen me at the gym before? Yes. Did I feel awkward about this? YES. YES. YES.

Then I left for work. I was hoping the nachos might be a sign that I would receive nachos as a tip from someone. But alas, I received no nachos. Instead, Big Cop came back in to the caffe. This was surprising to me. I tried my best to make sure that nothing would be awkward. He didnt' get the memo apparently. Because then he informed me that he was going to be moving location and wouldn't be working there after October. My response? awwwww, well that's fun. A little change of pace. I hear it's fun over there. His response? Well, you are going to have to come up with another reason for why you can't go out with me. My final response? Well, perfect. I've got a couple months to come up with the best excuses.

DISCLAIMER: In case you didn't know here's a quick recap. Big Cop asked me out. I cancelled. I said I have a personal rule, no dating customers or coworkers. Then he stopped coming in. Then he started to buy his coffee from Krispee Kreme.

1 comment:

  1. what a loser! does he have no life or self respect? guess not.

    ReplyDelete