Monday, September 28, 2009

Tatiana takes on Cheap Bastard


I love Polish people. Really, as you already know, I love all people from different countries. One of the things I love are their accents. The other thing I enjoy is their straight-forwardness. They don't skirt around things like Americans, the think it's fine to tell you the truth no matter what it is. If you are looking fat, don't expect a foreign person to sympathize with you, they will instead point it out. I secretly wish I could do that, but sadly I am still American when it comes to that part of my personality.
A man showed up today whom I dislike. he thinks that buttering us baristas up in conversation excuses his general manner, that being CHEAP. I made sure to tell Tatiana about him because he tries to steal extra things like chocolate and also newspapers. So Cheap Bastard showed up to the counter with one of our frequent punch cards. It revealed that he had a free drink. It also revealed that he punched the card himself. Tatiana made him his drink while he tried to strike up a conversation with her. Being Polish she didn't take his "attempt" at getting a free drink very lightly. And as I sat back and observed, Tatiana handled the situation like a Polish ninja would handle a Russian robber.

CB: You know I had such a rough week and the weekend went by so quickly. I can't believe it's already Monday.
T: Yes
CB: My kids are really into learning about other countries. You're polish right?
T: Yes
CB: So how are you today dear?
T: I am fine as long as my customers are honest to me
CB:What do you mean, did someone try to steal your tips?
T: I think you know exactly what I am talking about

And at that point, Cheap Bastard grabbed his drink, threw a tip in her jar (his first ever) and ran out of the store. Nicely done Tatiana, nicely done.

No comments:

Post a Comment