Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nickels and Vanilla?


One of my least favorite customers came in today. I will call him Frank because sometimes that can be an annoying name. He is the one who orders decaf coffees and carries a huge man purse and wears only sweatpants. He never orders without his ipod and has never not knocked over something on the counter.

Today he ordered his usual coffee. Then Frank decided that he didn't want to give me any quarters or dollar bills and sat there counting out nickels while all the people in line behind him were rolling their eyes. He finally got out the correct amount and then goes to add in all the "fixings." As I'm taking the next order he starts to shout out "what happened to the vanilla powder?" I remind him that we have never had vanilla, but we have always had white chocolate. Apparently though, Frank is more of an expert than me, and said that he was sure that we had vanilla. I said, no, we have never had that, it's always been white chocolate. He refused to believe me and said "yes, you did. 2 months ago it was vanilla and now it's changed to white chocolate." Since he was being a smart-ass, I decided to be one too. Then I asked Frank if it had tasted like vanilla or if it tasted the same as it does now, like white chocolate. That shut him up. Oh Frank. Maybe you need bigger sweat pants. I think those are cutting off the circulation to your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment