Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wheelchairs


Some of the things I used to be obsessed with:

- crutches
- kettle corn
- corn nuts
- gummy candies
- over sized sweatshirts

and of course......

- wheelchairs!!!!!

I am not sure why or how, but I always wanted one. Sometimes I would practice in the airport. I always wanted to use the motorized shopping cart at the grocery store but I was always too afraid someone would yell at me.

Today an old man in a wheelchair came in. He didn't quite look like the precious old wheelchair man you might be envisioning right now. He looked more like Patches O'Hoolihan from Dodgeball. And he was also crazy. At first I thought i forgot to give him his drink since he was waiting there for a good 10 minutes, but I realized that he just liked to talk. I tried to stop paying attention but he kept shouting at me, so then I listened. I learned about elevators and how sometimes they go down to the basement. Then other times you take the elevator down and you end up in a different building and you go up again and you end up in another different building. I wanted to ask him where this "magic" elevator was, but I chose to just drop the conversation. And then he started on communism...

No comments:

Post a Comment