Friday, September 4, 2009

I LOVE CONSTRUCTION!


Some things I want to learn to do:

- sew
- cook like an Iron Chef
- fix a car
- blow glass
- sail
- how to meet someone nice of the opposite sex
- CONSTRUCTION

In my love for construction, I also share a love of construction workers. My parents don't always appreciate that love, but I know some day, somebody out there will. My younger sister and I can be walking down the street, talking about something important, when we hear the sound of a jack hammer. All else will go on pause so we can check out the construction sight and who might be involved. I always pray for some muscle tees, and if I'm lucky, a tool belt.

I have a customer who comes in every single day. He likes to get ice cream (after all, these days, who doesn't?). He is a construction worker. I know this by his bright orange or green shirts that he usually wears, and also by his burly tan. He is one of my few favorite customers. He won this title not only because he is a construction worker, but because he likes to sass, and also he takes his mother out for dinner a few times a month. I think that's cute and shows he's sensitive and generous. His order never comes to more than $3 but he always leaves me a $5 tip. If only he weren't the age of my father and/or Hispanic...

No comments:

Post a Comment