Monday, September 21, 2009

Keep the Change


There is a man. He somehow has 2 last names because it changes between one and the other each time he comes in. He is married. Him and his wife make up the most annoying couple I know. He is a diamond trader. She is something annoying too. She never orders her own drink but makes Him order it. He likes to make dumb jokes while he orders his drink. He gets the same thing every time yet always feels like he needs to repeat his order after I say "your usual?" He is also one of the cheapest people I know. Today he really overdid himself. So today, I will call him Todd.

Todd: Heya there stranger
Me: Hi
Todd: Make sure to punch my card. (we have punch cards so that after 12 drinks, you get a free one). It should be under Todd Tulip or Todd Rock.
Me: I put it under Rock. Your usual?
Todd: Yes, a double tall americano
Me: I know. How's business?
Todd: It's pretty good.
Me: It's going to be $2.04
Todd: Here's $2.25. You can put the rest in your jar and how about next time I need a few cents I will just keep borrowing from you
Me: How about you just give me a real tip?

Oh Todd. He's like the cubic zirconium of diamonds but the fake cubic zirconium (if that exists) that you get in a vending machine. I think next time I will give him most of his drink but not the whole thing and tell him that on his next visit he can collect the rest of his drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment