Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not Funny


Jokes are always a great way to pass the day. Certain jokes, however, should never be told. Also, people who think they are amusing but really are not, should be told to shut up. I, unfortunately, cannot tell my customers to shut up because that would be rude service. But I can give them my "shut up" eyes. I can also refuse to laugh. You would think that these methods would get someone to shut up, but I must not be doing them correctly because people continue making bad jokes even after their coffee is done. And here is Mr. not Funny today.

Me: Hi! How are you?
Curtis: As good as my twin, whatever that means
Me: Ok. I don't know. Never heard that expression before. Hopefully your twin is doing well
Curtis: Lemme have that (pointing to a pastry)
Me: The cinnamon roll?
Curtis: That
Me: The cinnamon roll?
Curtis: I want what I'm pointing at. How much is it going to be
Me: the CINNAMON ROLL is going to be $2.45
Curtis: And I want a small coffee
Me: Our smallest is 8 oz. Did you want that one or the 12 oz. (the cups are arranged in order so I continue...)
Curtis: Small
Me: The one on the far right or the 2nd to right
Curtis: The far right. Even though I'm not right winged
Me: Ok. It's going to be $4.13
Curtis: It's going to be or it already is?
Me: It IS $4.13
Curtis: (hands me the money) Wow it sure got to that fast
Me: (You're not funny just so you know)

No comments:

Post a Comment