Friday, October 9, 2009

Speed Dating


Nowadays there are all different types of dating; online dating, Blind dating, Club dating, friends of friends dating, and my personal favorite, speed dating. It's the perfect way to date. Fast and painless. If it's slow and painful, you just have to hit the button and say "next."
I didn't get the memo that there would be speed dating today at the caffe. A shorter man walked in with a girl, Sergio and Jun-Yin. As I'm making their drinks, Jun-Yin proposes a plan, if Sergio doesn't like the drink then I have to give him my phone number. I think she got it backwards because I would never date anyone who insulted my skills as a barista. As I'm not one to hand over my number so easily (wink), I decided I should embark on a game, a game of speed dating.

Me: Where are you from?
Sergio: Dominican Republic. (check)
Me: What do you do?
Sergio: I'm in the army (minus) but I want to go to grad school for a masters in forensics. (check)
Me: Do you smoke?
Sergio: No (check)
Me: Do you drink?
Sergio: No (minus) (but at least I know I can eliminate alcoholic and frat boy)
Me: Extracurriculars? Hobbies?
Sergio: Cycling. I love to Salsa. (check and check)
Me: You like to read?
Sergio: I'm really into Christianity books right now (minus)
Me: How old are you?
Sergio: Doesn't matter. That's not important (little minus)
Me: It shouldn't matter if it's nothing to be embarrassed about
Sergio: Why do you want to know? (bigger minus)
Me: Because. You forgot to answer that question on your dating application
Sergio: What?
Me: How old are you?
Sergio: 35 (biggest minus)

Sorry Sergio, 11 years is a bit too much. And you had to have your friend ask for my number. Give it another 5 years and then we can see if our maturity levels have evened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment