Monday, October 26, 2009

Missing Eye

I think because I have an issue with eyes, I keep meeting people with eye issues. I try not to focus on it too much, but sometimes, it's very difficult and I can't help myself. Most times I wonder what happened, and other times I have to wonder where they are looking. I try to find these answers tactfully but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes I walk quickly back and forth behind the counter to see which eye is following me. Other times I try to talk about a personal accident and see if they tell me about theirs. Today, I didn't even have to do anything special. This lady just came right out and told me.



Yunis:
Hey!
Me: Hi
Yunis: It's my birthday today
Me: Happy Birthday
Yunis: Yeah, but I poked my eye out 4 days ago
Me: Ouch, yeah, it looks like that happened
Yunis: Yeah, it was really bad. I almost died
Me: I'm sorry. Well I am happy you are alive now
Yunis: It was so scary. I mean, look at my eye.
Me: I did
Yunis: I have these glasses now. I guess I had them before but now I only see out of one side. I almost died! Then I wouldn't have been able to celebrate my birthday

And then she kept going. I went into the back room to re-stock and came out 3 minutes later and she was still going. I guess it was devastating. To me too Yunis. Maybe you should consider getting a glass eye so that your eye flap doesn't just hang over. I know someone who can help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment