Saturday, October 3, 2009

Coffee Princess breaks down


Today someone had a breakdown, and that someone was me. I yelled at Antonio which felt great, though not as great as I had hoped. Of course, he didn't really get it either. I even said everything in Spanish to make sure he would understand every word. Antonio has been annoying me for a very long time. He always tries to get a little too close into my personal life and then never wants to help out with anything like garbage. So I told him how I felt and then continued yelling for another 5 minutes just because. At the end, sadly, he had nothing helpful to say. His idea of a good response was "we're still friends right, baby?" Then I told him to get out of the caffe (please). Why he came in 3 more times to "see" if I was feeling better is beyond me.
Then Alejandro from the Burrito stand. I was mean to him too. He was bored and wanted me to entertain him. I told him I was too busy to entertain. Then I yelled at him too and said I can't always be expected to entertain. I quickly apologized and said I was sorry and that I was just having a rough week. Then I requested to be left alone because I needed my space today. He looked sad. He also looked like he got what I was saying. But then he came behind the counter and said "let me just have my hug." That must be a phrase in Mexico or a misinterpretation, alone = hug.
And then I was ready for a good cry. I like to think it was enjoyable for all involved. At least semi-entertaining. Big Cop took this as his opportunity to pose as my knight in shining armour. He offered me a ride home.

I took the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment