Monday, October 12, 2009

the Raffle


I am not much of a gambler. Maybe that's also because $10 seems like a lot of money. You might have thought I forgot to put in a 0 in that monetary amount, but I didn't, I really meant $10. Occasionally I will buy a scratch ticket. One time I had a lucky feeling. A really lucky feeling. Instead of buying a lottery ticket, I had my mom go to the grocery store to pick me up a scratch ticket (I was under 18 and trying not to do things illegally). When she arrived home with my ticket I scratched and WON. I won $20. My mom volunteered to go back to the store to pick up more tickets but my lucky feeling was gone. Sorry mom.

Today I was approached by a worker at the burrito stand. This time it wasn't Alejandro, but instead, Catalina. She wanted me to buy a raffle ticket from her. Naturally, I wanted to know what I would win. Shockingly, and also not shockingly, she responded that I would win a refrigerator. I already have a refrigerator so I didn't really want to participate in this raffle. But then I heard the money was going to support her friend, who's mother just passed away and they wanted to send her body back to Cuba where she was from. First off, I want to go to Cuba. Secondly, I want to go to Miami which is the American version of Cuba. Thirdly, Coffee Princess begins with C and so does Cuba. I of course had to support her. And then she told me one ticket is $10. I better win that Refrigerator

No comments:

Post a Comment