Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Newspaper man is making some more frequent appearances these days. I’ve now gotten stuck twice “talking” to him. However, I have developed this new tactic with him which is proving to work out really well. Before he starts any sentence I just shout “No!” and then continue to do that while he’s talking. So, he keeps talking (I keep not understanding anything that comes out of his mouth, also because he has no teeth), and I keep laughing. The best part is he thinks I am laughing at what he’s saying which is why he keeps talking but really I am laughing at watching him try to talk. However, I did decipher a couple things, so I like to think I am making progress. “I wan dis” (which was in reference to the caffe.) and then “I wan ju” (in reference to me). I think he only learned to say things in which he wants. So then I said if you want to continue to stand at my counter, you can give me $200. He laughed and goes, No, $800. I think that’s a pretty good deal. Maybe if he didn’t eat sugar packets he would have more brain cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment