Monday, April 20, 2009

I almost escaped...

I thought that today would be my first entirely normal day at work. All the customers were pretty regular. No homeless visitors. Not very good tips. All very normal for a Monday. So I closed up and got out of there. And then it happened

I was walking, minding my own business, then I hear some footsteps running up behind me. Then they stop next to me. Then this person realizes that I work at the caffe. Then this person says that if I gave him my phone number he would definitely know me better than just at the caffe. Then this person tells me that his name is Kyle. Then I laugh to myself because I remember that dog named Kyle. Then Kyle asks me for a dollar. I say I don't have one of those. Then he asks me why? And I say, I don't know, ask my customers who all decided not to tip today. Then he asks me at least for my number. Then I say no. Then he asks me if I have a boyfriend. Then I say yes (even though I don't). Then he asks me if I smoke. Then I say no. Then he asks me if I'm foreign since I have an accent. Then I tell him no (but am secretly flattered). Then he asks me for my number again. I still say no. Then he asks how long me and my boyfriend have been together. Then I say a year and 3 months. I think that sounds like a good number. Then he asks me why I am a barista. Then I say, that's a good question. I ask myself that same one every single day. Then he tells me that I should give him my resume and he will find me a job and then as a reward give him my number. I say no. And then I add, if you are so good at finding jobs, then how come you don't have one? Then he switches the subject and asks if I drink. I say sometimes. Then he says that we should have a drink sometime. I said how about you just come by the caffe every once in awhile (code for please don't ever visit me at the caffe). Then he waited with me until my ride showed up.

Nice to meet you Kyle.

1 comment:

  1. wow, creepy... Seattle is full of "interesting" folks. Sounds like you were able to fend him off pretty well. Until, that is, he showed up 4 times the next day! LOL.

    ReplyDelete