Tuesday, April 21, 2009

how to teach English

There is a girl who works with me. She is foreign. She is Tatiana. Her English is pretty good but she still misses a few things. I decided it was my duty as manager and also fellow co-worker to teach her a few good things. These are the things she has so far learned
1) Awkward (and how to make an awkward turtle using her hands)
2) Obnoxious
3) Man Candy (She really enjoyed this one. She then proceeded to go around saying Candy Man which wasn't quite the same thing but I still enjoyed it)

Some other things that happened today
- Judy didn't annoy me which felt great. She still looked a little like a clown, plus added sweat (she did walk up a flight of stairs instead of the elevator).

- Homeless #3 visited. He also added 30 sugars to his coffee and then laughed to himself. I laughed at him, then he stopped, and then so did I. Then he touched my hand. Gross
-Kyle visited. Again. and Again. And then Again. 4 times today. Almost a new record

-Angry woman showed up and talked about how she hates the weather. She always hates something so I wasn't surprised even though it was sunny out. Apparently she has allergies and asthma. I would think she would hate having 3 chins too but I didn't ask her. Instead she told me about how she was sweating all day and coughing so people left her alone. She really seems like someone I would like to be friends with outside the caffe!

-And the caffe was named the safest in all the world because all the police were in having a "break." They also talked about pole dancing, milk chugging contests, and saltene eating competitions. Now that's what I call good protection!

No comments:

Post a Comment