Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gifts

I love gifts. I mostly love them in the form of
- cash
- cars (powerwheels accepted)
- free trips
- drinks
- clothes
- food
- and also massages

However, today I got 2 gifts that weren't part of my list but it was still pretty neat.

There is this man. His name is Herbert. He is a regular customer. He is also older and a bit of a nerd. I think he's entering a midlife crisis because he has dyed his hair a blondish color which looks pretty bad (but I want my tip so I don't say that.) So one day when I wasn't that busy he stuck around for longer than usual. I was wondering why but I figured he was just lonely. We were talking about books when he all of a sudden changed topic.

me: Yeah I just finished this book, it was pretty good, now I'm onto this one
him: Yeah, on my days off I like to go to some museums, go to movies, take walks along the beach, etc
me: (insert confused look)
him: So what do you like to do on your days off?
me: Ummmm, hang out with friends, read, I don't know, stuff
him: So do you want to hang out sometime?
me: (after turning bright red) Yes, well I am not looking to date anybody right now. I just want friends. Plus, I am usually really busy.
him: Yeah, of course, just as friends is what I meant. I just think you are interesting and we always have lots to talk about
me: (In my head) That's my job. If you watched me for more than 1 minute you would realize I do the same for all customers. It's called customer service, not flirting.

So after that happened I felt awkward. He just kept trying to show off. Now everytime he comes in he brags about something new, this time his impeccable music taste. The time before I heard all about his expensive computers. I humor him. But now every week he brings me a new CD to improve my music taste in addition to showing me how versatile his music taste is. Hey, I'm not complaining. I love CDs. I also love computers...

And then a police officer came in. He's pretty awkward. And then I caught him staring at my ass. If only I could carry around a taser gun...

1 comment: