Friday, April 17, 2009

the Manager gets caught

The phone keeps ringing and I can't answer because I have a line of customers. After the 3rd attempt I realize I should probably get it. I answer curtly "the Caffe..." And then the wrath starts.

Mad Lady: "May I please speak with the manager?"
Me as Manager/not manager: "She's not here right now but can I ask what this is regarding"
Mad Lady: "When will she be back so I can reach her? And who should I ask for?"
Me as not manager: "Her name is Coffee Princess."
Mad Lady: "And who am I speaking to right now?"
Me as now manager: Coffee Princess. Listen, I am the manager but I cannot talk right now. What is the problem?"
Mad Lady: "blah blah blah blah different caffe."
Me as manager: "Maam, you have the wrong caffe."
Mad Lady: "Oh. Sorry for being so rude to you."

And that is how I caught being the manager/not manager of a problem that wasn't even mine. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment