Friday, April 10, 2009

Butter

I am wondering if I missed some Special News Story on Health this week. Everybody was mentioning different things about diets and health observations that made absolutely no sense.

#1) This overweight lady walks in and starts talking about how happy she is with all of our healthy options. I think she is trying to lose weight. So we talk a little about that. I mention that it's nice to go to a caffe and not only have to get pastries but something else too. Then I casually mention how I ate too many pastries when I first started that I gained a few pounds. How are you supposed to find your future boyfriend when you are getting larger everyday, and not in a good way? I think she might get a yogurt and granola or fruit, but I am pleasantly surprised with her choice of a cinnamon roll. She goes above and beyond when she asks me to give her a couple extra butter pats to throw on it.

#2) Older man who orders a soy mocha. Then he changes it to decaf. Then he changes that to half soy half cream. I don't get it. He told me that he likes to trick himself into thinking he is getting something healthy, which is why he throws the soy in there, and also decaf. hmmmmm, still not getting it. So then he adds, and that's why I opt out of the whip cream. Would it be rude if I told him that soy has more calories than regular milk and that milk is better for you than cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment