Friday, April 24, 2009

little chubs

It always makes me smile when a young boy comes into the caffe and makes an attempt to act mature. Like they drink coffee, please. I should write up a special called "coffee milk" just for them.

But today was an even better exception to the young male generation. A boy walked in, probably about 15, maybe 14 or 12 even, who can really tell. And he starts to make some chit chat. I, of course, am amused, so I let him keep going. He goes on about the different products, then talks about where he lives (I actually have no idea but he kept saying this one thing that I just assumed was his home), and then opens his mini backpack to pull out his money from a ziplock bag. I start to wonder whether he will order a coffee, but he doesn't, he goes straight for the milkshake. After saying thanks he leaves and not 5 minutes later comes back in. I wonder if something is wrong with his milkshake but then he wants to get a donut, which he changes to 2 donuts, and then just decides to have 3. What a little chubs. I bet his mom gave him $10 to buy dinner after a school field trip and he decided it was a better option to get a milkshake and 3 donuts. I mean, who wouldn't do that? Everybody loves a good donut. I just hope his mom doesn't come back to yell at me for his son's poor decision. But more importantly, why does this young boy have a mini backpack?

No comments:

Post a Comment