Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hot Dogs

A man walked in and requested a hot dog. When I told him I didn't have any he asked me for something similar. Instead of being a smart-ass I decided to be nice and told him about the sandwich options and also about yogurt and granola. I thought he would love the yogurt and granola option because it probably has half the calories of a hot dog and he was looking like his pants were a little too tight. But he wasn't as excited as I was and so he left without anything. I shouted that we also had doughnuts but he was already gone.

Then 3 hours later I hit jackpot. A man walked in. A different man. We will call him Zorro because he can be similar to my hero. He told me he was in the hot dog business. (You might assume that I was talking to him about hot dogs but I wasn't, he just randomly told me this). Then I said lots of people really like hot dogs and ask me for them. He got very happy and then opened his wallet, gave me a $1 tip, then handed me his business card and wrote "good for one free dog" on the back. I said "Hot!" which could be interpreted in two ways. The first being in the way Paris Hilton says it, like it's really excellent. And the 2nd is that I wanted to be clear on "dog" so that I would be getting the food instead of an actual dog, although I would also like a real dog.

And to go back to the point. After waving around my free hot dog card victoriously, I wished that tight pants man could have been there to see this interaction. He would have been jealous. And then I could have told him "if you build it, it will come." And then he would know to build a hot dog stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment