Monday, May 11, 2009

Blame it on the DayQuill

Sunday was Mother's Day. I got used to saying Happy Mother's Day to everybody. I know that you can't actually do that to everybody but it's more fun to. And then sometimes people don't know how to react, mostly when you tell a man happy mother's day.

So, since I didn't work Sunday, I thought it would be nice to ask everybody how their mother's day was. I was also on DayQuill which made me feel a little loopy. So I ask the lady who is always mad. I said, how was your mother's day? Of course she said it was horrible and she was sad. So then I said, did your kids not do anything special for you? (I know she has kids because she always talks about her grandkids). But then she replied with "well, I did have 3 sons, but they are all dead now." And then I realized that I should probably start thinking before I talk. I had absolutely no idea what to do. I just stood there and stared at her and gave her my "oops" look. When I figured this couldn't cover up my foot-in-mouth comment, I offered her a cookie. I blame it on the DayQuill.

No comments:

Post a Comment