Saturday, May 30, 2009

Town Reject's Idol

Town Reject #1 came back today. She had her daughter with her again and also her guitar. Actually, it wasn't a guitar. I always assumed that. But then she told me it was a cello. But I think it's better to just refer to it as a guitar. I wonder if she knows I don't really like her that much. I think she doesn't really know because today she attempted to talk to me. She asked me quietly something. I had no idea what she said because she was across the room from me. So I went closer and she repeated it, but in a softer voice this time. So, of course, I had no idea what she said again. Finally the third time I realized that she was asking me about Susan Boyle the Britain's Got Talent singer. I'm not sure why she thought this would be a good conversation starter, but then again, she also carries around a cello. I also didn't know how to respond. But it turned out that was ok because as soon as I started talking she decided to start reading the newspaper and completely ignore me. But then 10 minutes later she changed her mind and told me that we really should have dairy free sorbet at the Caffe. I told her to go sing about it on her guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment