Monday, June 1, 2009

Coffee and Baileys

I constantly wish that the caffe would have things such as baileys and Kahlua and whiskey. I think those are all perfect mix-ins for coffee. It also would mean my work day would be even more fun. Unfortunately, it doesn't so I have to depend on my customers instead.

Like today a woman came to order herself a drink. Then she told me to leave a couple inches at the top. I start to think she doesn't want to spill, or she just likes her coffee extra strong. But instead she tells me she needs that extra room so she can pour in some baileys. I, for some reason, think she's joking. Hand her the drink. She then proceeds to whip off the lid, pull out this bottle of baileys she has in her backpack and pour it in. I know this lady means business.

And then I imagined this following scene taking place...

I tell her how awesome I think that was. I've never met anybody who carries around a whole bottle of alcohol in their purse. Then she takes it out again and tells me to have a drink with her. Then we laugh and talk together and she starts to throw all this money in my tip jar. Then she leaves and tells me that she will be back tomorrow since I'm her new favorite barista.

1 comment: