Saturday, June 13, 2009

Idiot Wife

An older couple walks in. The wife looks pretty dumb but I let that slide. The man orders his drink and then asks his wife what she wants. She then gives me a blank stare, then him a blank stare, then back at me. I sit and wait. A good minute passes. Then nothing. Then he suggests ice cream. She seems to like this idea and starts to look at the ice cream. Then she orders a blackberry ice cream. I tell her we don't have that flavor. Then she orders another flavor that we don't have. Then I tell her to please look at the flavors which are listed below. She looks at me, then says that she's looking at a different list of flavors. I say, yes, I can see that, but those are syrup flavors...FOR DRINKS. Thank god her husband stepped in. He told her to look down below, not at the syrup flavors. She then looks at him and says "yes, well I am looking at these flavors." I look at him confused. Then he orders her a vanilla ice cream cone. Thank god he understands basic English and also has a piece of brain in his head. I think he felt embarrassed because he said thanks for all my help and gave me a $5 tip. I could deal with his dumb wife a whole lot more for that. At least as long as after 5 minutes of incorrect ordering, I could just hand her a "surprise."

No comments:

Post a Comment