Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Day

Today is the Big Day. Today I leave for Asia. My very first time. I am so excited. I started to practice my peace sign in hope that it will turn out elegantly in all of my pictures.

We are setting up a caffe in Kuala Lumpur. Should be interesting to see how it all comes together. Start my morning off with coffee. This time, I serve myself. Then I decide that I probably will need another coffee.

Arrive to the airport. Not excited for an extremely long flight. Start to realize that 2 coffees beforehand probably not the best idea. The flight is headed to Japan. I get on. Realize that I am one of 5 "white" people so to speak. I have never really felt that outnumbered before. It was sort of fun, also funny. Then I felt quite large. I have never felt that tall before so I enjoyed that part the most. However, everybody was stick thin, so comparatively, I could be seen similar to a whale. That part wasn't as much fun. Neither was trying to get up and use the bathroom multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment