Saturday, June 27, 2009

Drunk Uncle

Today is the big Wedding Reception. Another day of half-training at the caffe since the wedding is more important. I wonder if I can wear my sari again? I want to but then people will know that it's the same one and I only have one sari. I can't let them think that.

The wedding dinner has about 800 people. These are the people I am sitting by:
- Daryl
- Julia
- Leroy

I am not sure where they get their names but I LOVE IT! I make it all the way through dinner. Then the music starts. I have been practicing my Bollywood dance moves but to my dismay they play American music instead. And that's when I meet the Drunk Uncle. There always is one at every event. He keeps telling me that I have to dance with him. I politely refuse. He won't let me. But then he continues to run off, probably in search of more drinks. Thank god for drinks. He then leaves for the restroom. I decide that's my cue to sneak out. But of course right as I start leaving he comes out of the bathroom. I give my best tired face accompanied with a hug, then tell him his drink is waiting for him.

Coffee princess = Saved
Uncle = Drunk

No comments:

Post a Comment