Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Whip topping

When deciding between two things, one real, one fake, some people like to choose the fake. Some examples of this are maple syrup, cheese, Christmas trees, and whip cream. Some people just prefer the more artificial version. I know this because for a short period I was obsessed with Velveeta Cheese. Unfortunately, I never got to try it, but that is not the point. A couple ordered mochas today and specially requested them to be topped with "whip topping." In all my years I had never heard this before. I am not sure what whip topping is but I would like to see what it looks like. I wonder if you scoop it from a tub or if it squirts from a can? I gave them whip cream instead, they didn't seem to mind.

Shortly thereafter came a man clearly on drugs. I didn't know this until he changed his drink 3 times while I was making it. After I threw out the 3rd one, I decided to give him my best annoyed look. I think it worked because he said "I'm sorry miss, I'm not trying to be difficult." I said "really? because you're not doing that great a job at it." Then when I was putting the lid on his drink for what I thought was the last time, he tried to change it again. I told him "No" so then he ordered a hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment