Monday, December 7, 2009

Tramp Stamp

Tattoos are a fascinating phenomenon. Sometimes they look good, but lots of times, I just don't really like them. I saw an old man without his shirt on and on his back was a tattoo of a naked lady sitting on a stool. It was also saggy. Then there are the Jersey Shore boys. They love the barbed wire and "tribal" tattoos. What does these tribal tattoos mean? I might ask someone. But nobody has an interesting answer. I usually get peace, love, faith, or justice. There is a special kind of tattoo. These tattoos are called tramp stamps. They are located on the lower back, usually on women, but I think men can be tramps too, just to make things equal.

Today I was wearing a shirt underneath a sweater. The sleeves look similar to tattoos. For the day, I pretended I had "sleeves" (as is the tattoo term). Bernard, an older man with children and a wife, walks in and says, "hey beautiful! I thought for a second you had tattoos all up your arms." I responded, "nope," it's just my shirt. Then he continued "so why do you have the tramp stamps on today?" To which I said "excuse me? tramp stamps?" Given his age, he didn't actually know what or where a tramp stamp is located. Definitely not on the arms. Sorry Bernard, though the wrist is said to be very sensual in Ancient Chinese culture. I thought he would stop. But he ended on one last big bang "so, do you have a tramp stamp?" Then I gave him my final line "Do your daughters have tramp stamps?" He quickly changed subjects to aggressive driving classes. Apparently his son got in trouble by the Police. I bet he was distracted by his sister's tramp stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment