Monday, November 2, 2009

Muslims

Some people are very happy all the time. Some people are cynical and pessimistic. I put those two together mostly because I get to meet more of those people on a daily basis. There is a man who comes in a few times a week, and it’s the same thing every time. He loves to complain. Mostly about how people don’t like him and how people are rude. Apparently he’s never looked in the mirror, but perhaps I should bring one to work next time. He always wears a green stocking hat, these oval glasses, and has really bad teeth. We’ll call him Chaz, mostly because I don’t like that name.

Chaz thinks that I am Italian. I let it go the first couple of times but after week 2 I realized that I should probably tell him that I’m not Italian so he can stop making Italian comments to me. I told him that I was Middle Eastern (big mistake) and immediately he assumed I was Muslim. I told him no, I wasn’t, but he kept telling me how Muslim people are the nicest people. Also Buddhist people. Then he ended by saying that he met a person with a Turban once.

No comments:

Post a Comment