Monday, November 9, 2009

Bragging Rights

I love people who brag about themselves. I especially love how they find a way to throw their skill into every conversation. It's actually quite a talent to be able to do that without embarrassment. One person who has this skill-set is Antonio the janitor. When I say skill, you might think I am meaning it in a positive way, but actually I am talking about it as a negative skill.
There was a customer today who was a bragger himself. Before he even ordered his drink I learned about his amazing dance skills, his ability to play music, and the fact that he can speak 3 languages. And then he ordered a little girly, a big white mocha with caramel and whip cream. Instead of going to sit down, he instead stood next to the counter talking to me how he has amazing rhythm even though he's never formally taken a dance class. I pretended to stop listening, he kept talking. Then I thought, why don't you dance your way out of the caffe Antonio II.

No comments:

Post a Comment