Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Peace and Sake

Some people drink on the job. Others drink off the job. Some even drink before their jobs. I do all of the above but usually with caffeine instead of alcohol. I sometimes wish I could pour myself a mixed drink behind the counter and enjoy a little cocktail behind the counter. But then people might get their orders messed up, so I guess I will hold off on that for now.

I have a married couple who are customers of mine and it seems that almost ever day they are getting drinks after work together. I think it’s really cute. I’m also jealous at the same time because I want to do that. I told them the other day that next time, I’m coming with them for a drink no matter what (I’m sure they wanted an extra daughter). Today, they showed up with a little surprise for me! I was so excited because I love surprises and this surprise was in a backpack! When they unzipped it, inside were 2 bottles of sake. No, they didn’t give me the 2 bottles but they took 2 small cups and poured me some so I could try both. I flashed them a quick peace sign before they ran off, and began my taste test. It was pretty amazing. I knew one day this job would lead me to drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment