Monday, November 23, 2009

the Biggest Cookie

Judy is completely ridiculous. I knew that. Everybody knows that, but today she outdid herself. She came in tonight when I was closing to tell me to write up a note for the morning person. She wanted the note to say "Save the biggest oatmeal cookie with the most stuff for Judy." She didn't seem to think this was ridiculous. I asked her to please write a note for me. I wanted the note to say "no."

Then a regular customer came in and handed me a book. I love books. I love them almost as much as I love surprises but not as much as I love a book that is given to me as a surprise. But then I looked at the title of the book, "done." Interesting name I thought. But then I saw the smaller print. "what most religions don't tell you about the bible..." I don't really like this book. This is also the 3rd religious book I have received this year so I am starting to wonder what impression I must give to people. Probably one close to angelic. Probably.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, you not only amaze me every day in finding out new interesting tidbits about yourself (café extraordinaire, graphic artist, advertising clothing entrepreneur, mushroom collector LOL) but you make me laugh and tread lightly around you and your diary. I stopped breathing for a moment about this entry till I read further, Whew!!! I can only assume my book is #4 for the year, and you know they say four is a charm, and if not five is right around the corner. I think you will like it because you are one of the most positive people I know and no doubt it does make a difference and is very powerful!!!!! Good luck on Friday my friend, and just be yourself and they will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book you gave me goes into the category of Good Books I like to receive, and also in the category of surprises. This means you Win! Yay! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete