Monday, November 16, 2009

The thief is caught

I utilized the police today for the first time. I was having a normal day when I saw him, the man who stole my tips. There was no money in my jar (luckily, but also sadly) and so instead of trying to steal more nonexistent tips, he asked me if there was a key for the bathroom. I told him no, that there was a public restroom that he could use. As soon as he left the caffe I called the police over. I reported that he was in the bathroom. Then they went over into the men's bathroom and waited. I was observing from behind the counter at a distance. Ten minutes passed and nothing. I started to think he didn't have to go to the bathroom, or he was just taking a very big poo. But the police finally tracked him down outside the stall. Then I filled out a report. Then the police took his information but proceeded to do absolutely nothing. Ten minutes later he was reported trying to steal tips from somebody else. Good work cops. Thank you for being there to serve and protect.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I was issued a Parking Violation for E-5 at the UW. I was amazed because I could not find the meter to pay for E-5. Luckily the officer was in his car next to my vehicle when I came out to my car. I asked him, "Why'd you give me a ticket?" He said, "Oh, you dont have a permit for E-5." I was like, "Sir, where is the E-5 meter, it used to be here where did it go? You legally can't give me a ticket." He told me, "Oh, I took that thing down." I was like...."What?" He then drove off and I was thinking to myself. I need to get his name and file an Appeal. Anyway, long story short as he leaves I put myself at the EXIT of E-5 and he does not stop, or change direction or even slow down and he ends up connecting with me (putting my hands on the hood to brace myself) and then I had to spin off the hood to avoid being dragged under the vehicle (he did not stop to check if I was hurt either... just kept driving off). Definition of a "HIT AND RUN". So, off to the UW Police department to file a Police Report. So, I get there ask for an Officer. I wait 15 minutes. (long time considering the situation but okay). I meet the officer, he does not invite me into the briefing room. I said, "Can we talk about this in your office?" He said, "Oh, yeah okay sure." I'm thinking....Huh? Is this guy for real? He sits me down in the briefing room with no pad of paper or police report papers. He says, "Tell me your story... what happened." I tell him. Then he brings in another officer and he leaves for 20 minutes. I then tell the new officer the story as he has a pen and paper. Where did the other officer go you ask? Well, he got on the phone to call the UW Parking Security guard that issued me the ticket. Apparently they know each other very well and are close friends. Anyway, he comes back to the briefing room proceeds to tells me he knows the guy and my story does not match up with the UW Security guard's story. I'm like, "Excuse me? You know this man?" He said, "Yes, I dont trust you kid and I know this guy very well. He is a good christian man and my friend would never lie or do something like this to you." I was shocked. He then proceeded to tell me (actually more like threaten me) if you file a false report you will be in a lot of trouble. I was like, "I would not be in the briefing room if I didn't think this was serious reckless driving and maybe vehicular assault." So, after that, I filled out the police report and gave it to the other officer. Next week I will know more.

    The longer I am alive the more I get confused by this crazy world we live in. I thought the police were here to serve and protect. Perhaps we have it all wrong. Serve and protect only close friends and not the general public.

    ReplyDelete