Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Radiation

I learned all about radiation today. I didn't know how it worked or who got it but a man enlightened me while I was making his coffee, and then more after his coffee was finished. He explained that he needed an extra large coffee because he hadn't slept in over 24 hours.



Me: Oh wow, that's a long time. Lots of work?
Ray: Not really. I just am not supposed to sleep for 36 hours.
Me: Oh. That's weird. I couldn't do that
Ray: Yeah, if I fall asleep, and the radiation hits, then I could die, so I have to be awake.
Me: I am not sure I understand
Ray: I am going through radiation. You don't really know when it's going to happen so you are required to stay awake for 36 hours
Me: Ok. That makes sense (not really)
Ray: So I have another day to go without sleeping
Me: I definitely couldn't do that
Ray: I have medicine I can take to stay awake too
Me: Well isn't that convenient? At least you can be extra productive
Ray: Yeah, I guess so. But it's hard when you are so tired.
Me: I'm sorry
Ray: This radiation...blah blah blah blah

Now, I am not sure if I heard everything correctly. I may or may not have zoned out after he said the word "radiation," but all I know is that radiation is not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment