Friday, February 19, 2010

Pity

There are lots of things you can say to a girl to make her feel good. Some of these examples are:

- You look absolutely beautiful today
- You make me want to be a better person
- When I'm with you, I lose track of time
- I can go to any caffe but I like coming here because you make me happy

On the other hand, there are lots of other things you can say to make her feel not so great about herself.

- Have you been eating too many of the pastries lately?
- You look really tired
- I pity the man who marries you

Now guess which comment was said to me? If you guess "I pity the man who marries you," then you would be correct. He quickly followed it up with, "he will have to put up with you and all your flirting." I am not sure if he was trying to make up for the previous comment or just wanted to continue making me feel like a real princess.

Then he brought me chocolate truffles. And chocolate doesn't solve problems, but I was craving it, so this time it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment