Friday, January 22, 2010

Work Ethic

Despite my efforts to lower Confused Gerbil #2's caffeine intake, I think someone else is undermining my power. He seems to continuously come into the caffe acting more and more hyped up. Though he generally talks about boxing, drugs, or ladies. This time to my surprise, it was something else. Much appreciated Confused Gerbil #2. Confused Gerbil #2 took up the topic of work ethic and endurance. These two attributes are very important. He has both, he told me.
CG2: Young people these days don't have worth ethic
Me: Yeah, I don't know. I think it depends on how your parents raised you
CG2: In my boxing days, I was traveling all over. I was offered so many drugs. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think drugs are good, but I used to do them and drink. I've been sober for 25 years now.
Me: Congratulations. I am proud of you. (now, what that has to do with work ethic, I don't know)
CG2: I digress. Excuse me. Back in my boxing days, you know, I worked hard. I was a fighter. People just want money without working
Me: Yeah...
CG2: But you, you're so fine, with people in line, making things rhyme, in my time, coffee so fine...
Me: (oh no, and here we go again)
CG2: But you have great work ethic. And lots of endurance.
Me: Thanks Confused Gerbil #2.

And once again he kills me with the compliments.

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord, I consumed a lot of coffee back in the days due to my hardcore work schedule. But after getting a new job, I stopped my coffee consumption for good.

    ReplyDelete