Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Split Shots

Sometimes caffeine can be a good thing. Other times, caffeine isn't so great. I like to think it's only one-sided for me, and that is that it's always great. Without caffeine I am clumsy, not very nice, and not as good at multi-tasking. But it's amazing what a few shots of espresso can do. I think for other people, like my customers, it might seem like I shouldn't have as much caffeine as I normally do, but that's beside the point.

Confused Gerbil #2 is a special case where caffeine isn't the best idea for him. Maybe it was all those years boxing, or the drugs, but the caffeine makes him crazy. He starts to talk to paper cut-outs of people, shouts, and recites "poetry" to anybody who is in his near vicinity. Unfortunately, that person usually is me, and as much as I love hearing things that rhyme with "fine," it gets old after about 30 seconds. Today, I decided to take matters into my own hands and gave him part decaf, part regular. I consider myself doing everybody a favor, unless he falls asleep at work, and then I will confess to my wrongdoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment