Thursday, January 14, 2010

Divorce

I don't really know much about divorce. I know that you have to file papers. I also know that divorce means you become separated from someone you were previously with. Other than that, I don't know anything else. Well, I guess I also know that it starts with the letter D and ends with an E.

Short man enters...

Shorty: I just saved a lot of money today
Me: That's great. I love it when that happens
Shorty: Yeah I saved $280 dollars
Me: Wow that's a lot of money. How did you do that?
Shorty: I filed for divorce!
Me: That's all you got?
Shorty: No, that was how much the paperwork cost.
Me: ummm, ok
Shorty: But I don't make enough to pay that, so I saw the judge
Me: Fancy
Shorty: Then I explained how I don't make any money and he stamped my papers saying I don't have to pay the divorce application fee
Me: Almost like college. So what would you like? Something to celebrate?
Shorty: a tea. Do you have chai?
Me: Would you like a chai tea latte?
Shorty: No. I want the cheap tea. The kind that comes in a bag

And that's the thing about divorce. It usually costs $280 but sometimes it's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment