Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oy Vey!

There are many expressions one can use to express emotion or amazement. In a conversation, generally speaking, someone will vary their expressions. Instead of saying, "wow" after every sentence, they will say "wow" or "cool," "very neat," and maybe even "awesome." Today, a lady came in who has never heard this concept before, because after every 5 words, she would say "oy vey!" It was amusing to me at first, but then it stopped being amusing, especially when certain things didn't call for an "oy vey" at the end. I wanted to ask her where she learned this trick, but I was afraid the answer would have consisted of "oy vey" being repeated twenty times over.

To make this day even more remarkable on the repeating front, Confused Gerbil #2 was back. He had a coffee before coming in, so I knew I was in for some fun. He repeated the same rhyme from last time, told me about his boxing days...AGAIN, and then stood at the end of counter telling me I should receive a standing applause because I am so great. I would've been annoyed if it weren't for the last comment, so maybe I should start giving him extra caffeine. After all, who doesn't love a compliment?

No comments:

Post a Comment